What Affirmations Are You Using?

9/15/2017



At the core of self-love there are positive affirmations. In fact, positive affirmations are what some people use to jumpstart their journey toward self-love. The consistent pattern of speaking good things over your life and yourself, forces you to believe what you're actually saying - even if at first, you don't believe it. But, have you ever considered, instead of speaking random positive messages over yourself, how influential it could be to speak God-ffirmations over yourself? Okay, I made that word up, but you get my point.

It's one thing to believe truths that you speak, and something even more powerful to speak truths from God's word. This is a concept introduced to me by a high school friend, Shaciera. She posted on Instagram one of her God-ffirmations and I was immediately intrigued.

When I started journeying into self-love, and really diving into self-care, God was the foundation of it all. I learned to love myself through the love God gave me each and every day. So it's only right, that we use God's word to empower and uplift us into divine belief. And because I never just leave you hanging, here are some verses Shaciera uses to affirm her day, her life, and God's love for her.

This is what the verses are:

  • "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31
  • "And my God will supply all your needs according to His glory in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19
  • "He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises" Romans 4:21
  • "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done in Earth, as it is in Heaven" Matthew 6:10
  • "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" Joshua 1:9
  • "Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good." Romans 12:9
  • "A kindhearted woman gains honor, but ruthless men gain only wealth" Proverbs 11:16
  • "The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure" 1 Corinthians 10:13
  • "But without faith, it is impossible to please Him. For he that cometh to God must believe that He is and He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6

And, this is how to turn them into affirmations:

  • But I will wait upon the Lord which shall renew my strength. I will mount up with wings like eagles; I shall run and not be weary; and I shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

  • "And my God will supply all my needs according to His glory in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19
  • "I am fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises" Romans 4:21
  • "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done in Earth, as it is in Heaven" Matthew 6:10
  • "Has He not commanded me? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed for the Lord my God is with me wherever I go" Joshua 1:9
  • "I don't just pretend to love others. I really love them. I hate what is wrong. I hold tightly to what is good." Romans 12:9
  • "I am a kindhearted woman who gains honor, but ruthless men gain only wealth" Proverbs 11:16
  • "The temptations in my life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than I can stand. When I am tempted, He will show me a way out so that I can endure" 1 Corinthians 10:13
  • "But without faith, it is impossible to please Him. For I cometh to God, so I know that He exists and He is a rewarder of me who diligently seeks him." Hebrews 11:6 
The art of changing God's word to affirmations is easy - just switch the s/he to an I. Next time you read through the Bible, see how many great verses you can personalize by switching the subjects, and use them to affirm yourself everyday. God's word is not only true for Jeremiah, Mary, Ruth or the many others, it's true for you too!

-----------
Shaciera is the creator of ShacieraSpeaks.com, a faith-based lifestyle blog. There, she shares her testimony with hopes that readers will experience true freedom found through Jesus Christ.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments