That Type of Love

10/08/2015


There's been a longing desire for love. Real love. True love. Unconditional love; because yes, I believe that still exits. That you can do no wrong a midst all the wrong you do, type love. Not the damaging to my spirit, but the you should know better, but I love you anyway, type love. The I love you every day, every hour, no matter what type love. The I forgive you before you even mess up type love. The I'd rather be mad at you than happy with someone else, but we don't believe in going to bed mad type love. 

That i just want to sit up under your love type love. The rub my fingers through your hair and hug type love. The I live to breathe your air type love. The we are better together than we could ever be apart, type love. The call you first before making a big decision because I value your input as much as my own, type love. That inclusion type love. The it's not just you or me, it's us type love. The no one's more superior type love. The I'm doing for you because I love you type love. The our love is everything Maxwell sings about, type love. 

The lay up and chat all night type love. That uncensored you know all of me, type love. That no foundation, headscarf, eyebrows off type love. That eating ice cream, popcorn and pickles together, so I won't feel bad for eating this all alone, type love. That you don't judge me I don't judge you type love. That hold each other accountable but never scolding type love. 

That this is what everyone everywhere wants, hashtag relationship goals, type love. But in longing for what we may not have, we neglect the love we have a shot at. The love that's closer than we realize. The love that takes a backseat while we search for something external. The love that's most important.

That real, true, unconditional self-love type love. That you can do no wrong a midst all the wrong you do self-love, type love. The I love you every day, every hour, no matter what, self-love type love. The I forgive you before you even mess up, self-love type love. The I'd rather be mad at you than happy with someone else, self-love type love. The I'm putting myself first because despite popular belief I matter, self-love type love. 

The lay up and discover new parts of yourself, self-love type love. The uncensored I still love you even after knowing all of you self-love type love. That look in the mirror and still be pleased with no foundation, headscarf on and eyebrows off self-love type love. That no judgment zone, self-love type love. That hold yourself accountable but never scolding self-love type love. 

Love begins with God and it begins with yourself. Experiencing His love for you and then translating that to your love for self. Without loving yourself, it's impossible to effectively love another. Without loving yourself, it's impossible to effectively experience love from another. It's time to put the energy you use toward finding someone else to love, into loving the someone you already have - the someone you already are. Dive into your own love, love. That other love will find you. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments